UI Artist (UK Remote)
Rebellion North are looking for an experienced UI Artist to work on Rebellion games as well as trusted industry partners on genre-defining AAA IPs. The studio is a dynamic and growing team who relish challenges and punching above their weight.
As a UI Artist at Rebellion North, you will produce intuitive, stylish and cutting-edge user interface experiences and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction.
This role can be worked at the studio’s Wakefield site, remotely in the UK, or on a hybrid basis.
- Work with the UI Designer to create art for 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints, adapting to different art styles
- Create, design and implement both static and animating 2D elements
- Create UI prototypes
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with UI Designers and Senior UI Artist, and make changes when necessary
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Develop an understanding of project tools and their functions, the project file classification system, and the process of updating engine data
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Knowledge of visual scripting
- Able to produce high quality art assets in our game engine
- Knowledge of modern user interface design principles and UI design principles, composition, and colour theory
- Basic knowledge and understanding of UI design and creation of graphic elements and animations
- Core graphic design skills including layout, typography, font formats and colour
- Able to edit font design and tweak UI
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D packages
- Basic knowledge of the video game development process
For 30 years Rebellion been creating incredible video games, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio too and they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels like the amazing Judge Dredd!