UI Director (UK Remote)
Rebellion are looking for a passionate UI/UX Director to lead and mentor a growing team of varied UI skillsets, helping to improve processes and achieve excellence across multiple concurrent projects.
You will get the chance to work with art directors, art leadership, design leadership, and many other disciplines as you build toward a great UX culture within the organisation. You’ll also be working with rising stars within the industry, helping to shape their futures as they progress under your guidance.
- Build the recruitment strategy for the UI discipline, including role definition, interviewing structure, hiring, onboarding, and succession planning
- Drive the delivery and quality of the UI across the business, mentoring and supporting leads, designers, artists, and technical designers
- Help UI artists and art directors to achieve visual excellence across a variety of visual styles, giving feedback and helping to improve process
- Learn to use a visual scripting toolset and see how to create UI using one of the best UI toolsets in the industry
- Portfolio demonstrating appropriate, professional experience
- Experience leading a multi-platform game through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Experience building the UI branding for a game in conjunction with a team of UI artists, the project art director and the marketing/publishing team
- Experience in UI art branding, editorial design, illustration, and typography, and UX Design interaction design, prototyping, accessibility, and user research
- Games as a service experience would be a strong bonus
Perks and benefits include…
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan, including dental and vision
- Life assurance, income protection and critical illness cover
- Enhanced family leave
- Interest free, tax-free loans
- Enhanced pension scheme
- EAP a range of mental health and wellbeing support
For 30 years, Rebellion have been creating incredible video games at their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion they are proud of their open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. They love what they do, and they have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, they have complete creative freedom over their titles which allows them to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.