We’re working with the brilliant emerging talent, Warp Digital, to hire a Unity Console Engineer.
The studio functions as a work-for-hire and porting house, and is also hard at work on their own IP. They are a multi-platform studio which works with the likes of Sony and Nintendo. Additionally, Warp Digital are a supportive team with plans to expand and grow over the next few years.
As a Unity Console Engineer, you will work closely with third party developers, and with other members of the team, to port and co-develop titles. You'll be optimising, adding new platform-specific functionality, and updating any console compliance requirements.
Your other day-to-day tasks will include...
- Developing and converting program code between console platforms
- Implementing platform specific functionality and features
- Optimising and maintaining existing code
- Liaising with other team members to schedule and complete tasks to a high quality
- Implementing platform specific code
- Expert in C#
- Experience working with cross-platform codebases
- A good understanding of 3D mathematics, as well as 2D/3D graphics and rendering techniques
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience developing video games on console
- Expert in Unity3D (version 5 or above)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise
- Strong knowledge of optimisation tools and techniques
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Experience porting video games between modern video game platforms (for example, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch or PC)
- Capable with scripting languages (Python, Lua)
- Comfortable with working with third party middleware (network, physics, audio, effects)
- Experience working on mobile platforms (iOS, Android, PS Vita)
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus eight bank holidays
- Annual salary review
- Free Udemy courses, at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
- Celebratory social events
- Fantastic central London studio, only two stops from London Bridge