Ballistic Moon - Farnborough, UK
Ballistic Moon are on the lookout for an Animator to join their team!
Ballistic Moon is a new independent game studio, based in the South East of England. They are a small passionate team of highly experienced developers, focused on creating exceptional and innovative games for next generation platforms. They are currently working with a AAA publisher in the early stages of pre-production for a major new project as well as creating their own IP, and require additional team members to help realise their shared ambition.
This role requires a creative animator with a technical skillset, proficient problem solving capabilities and a comprehensive understanding of pipelines. You will be responsible for delivering benchmark-level animation work and will report to the Lead Animator.
In this role, you will...
- Deliver high-quality animation
- Be an advocate for industry-leading standards and keep abreast of practices and peer products
- Create in-studio animation and help oversee outsourced animation as required
- Create well written animation research documentation as needed
- Work with Producers and the Lead animator to ensure a realistic project scope
For this role you'll need...
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- A high personal work standard and be comfortable delivering benchmark animation for the studio
- Working experience and hands-on knowledge of rigging, motion capture optimisation and key framed animation in a real time environment such as games or VR
- Extensive knowledge of animation in cinematic, traditional or games media
- An ability to work effectively with outsource teams and provide clear and easy to follow guidance
- To be able to own implementation of animation from start to finish
- A positive and grounded attitude
- Ability to communicate key ideas both creatively and technically
- To respond well to feedback and iterate as required
- To be able to work remotely.
- A friendly, enthusiastic, and collaborative nature
You'll also have...
- Previous experience as an animator
- An interesting portfolio showcasing a solid knowledge of character animation and animation theory
- In depth animation experience in Maya
- 2+ years games industry experience
- Shipped at least one project throughout development cycle on console or PC
- Comfortability presenting animation work, updates, and pre-viz work to the development team
- A passion for games with a good understanding of the games industry, development cycles and professional workflows
Bonus points if you have...
- Working experience in UE4, Unity and in-house game engines
- A background with motion capture pipelines
- Knowledge and experience with camera animation and a keen interest in cinematography
- Previous roles within an agile development methodology
Interested? Want to know more?
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Jordan Langley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!