We’re working with Tag games as they look to add an Audio Engineer to their ranks. Tag Games are an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland with a 15-year pedigree in making mobile games for some of the world’s biggest brands.
At Tag they're now seeking to push the boundaries of gameplay in a new cross platform IP in conjunction with a top tier publisher. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help them deliver this AAA experience.
Tag’s culture is collaborative and relaxed, they encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best they can be, driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products.
As an Audio Programmer you will play an important role in the development of this world leading IP: working directly with the audio director, other programmers and designers. You will also assist production to help plan and deliver a AAA audio experience for their players, including writing tooling code, building audio systems for the game, and helping enable audio creator workflows, to provide a best-in-class experience for their players.
- Work closely with the audio director to provide your technical input as a programmer to identify, design, implement and optimise cutting edge audio tooling into their pipeline
- Plan, design and write code that delivers excellent tooling for audio creators
- Plan, design and write code that delivers excellent audio implementation in the game
- Manage the audio system’s performance and feature set with the Core Programming Team
- Own and implement the technical delivery of audio systems
- Work with production to define and prioritise your output
- Proactively communicating challenges, risks and requests to production and team leadership
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Professional experience working as a programmer within a game team
- Excellent communication and people skills
- A strong understanding of common game development tools including Unity, FMOD or Wwise and Git
- Experience with cross platform development techniques and methods for optimising code across varied architectures
- A proven ability to communicate with individuals and groups that are a mixture of technical and non-technical
- To be able to provide constructive and helpful feedback
- To be proactive in helping to meet the needs of the game and in supporting the team
While not required, the below are nice to have...
- Experience developing free to play / live service games
- Delivery of PC or console titles
- Knowledge of game audio systems, middleware, and techniques, including low-level audio processing and DSP
- Familiarity with Agile development processes