Build Engineer (Remote)
Rebellion – Oxford, UK
Rebellion are on the look out for a Build Engineer to join their exceptional build team.
For 30 years Rebellion have been creating incredible video games; they also have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion have multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to them and they want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them, so as long as you are based in the UK they are able to offer full remote opportunities.
As a Build Engineer at Rebellion you will work closely with their highly talented in-house tech team and with their in-house game engine asura, to help maintain and improve their internal build, test, and asset processing systems. This is an exciting opportunity to work at an independent AAA multi-project studio and ensure the studio’s titles as good as they can be.
Your responsibilities will be to…
- Improve developers' workflow
- Design and implement complex multi-component systems, creating and sharing Design documents where appropriate
- Identify architectural issues in systems and provide a fix with minimal impact to users
- Extend build and test systems for new platforms
- Extend asset processing systems when other teams need new features
- Diagnose and fix errors that occur in developer or continuous integration builds
- Assist game teams in finding, fixing, and preventing problems
- Write programs to make disparate systems work together seamlessly
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Programming knowledge and experience in Python or equivalent
- An interest to develop and maintain build systems and tools to improve the quality and ease of use for development teams
- Experience with source control technologies such as perforce
- Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins
This is a great role at one of the last big UK studios that are still independently owned. For more information on the role, studio, culture or perks and benefits get in touch with Dave Moss at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.