Supermassive Games are seeking a creative Concept Artist to play a key role on their exciting projects!
Supermassive Games are a BAFTA winning game studio who develop innovative storytelling titles. With a number of successful titles under their belt, Supermassive are best known for their critically acclaimed hits such as Until Dawn and their recent release, The Quarry.
As a Concept Artist at the studio, you will be creating compelling imagery rich in atmosphere and story. Working directly with the Creative Director and Art Director, the primary roles are to create artwork and production design materials which help to develop and refine the look and feel of unique and exciting worlds and characters which form the basis for their narrative-based game projects.
- Creating high-quality concept art and production design materials in conjunction with Directors and Producers to clarify and communicate the vision for the project
- Creating concept art which helps to explore new ideas and approaches
- Researching and exploring reference to support ideas
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- A strong and broad portfolio which demonstrates a natural eye for composition with a cinematic slant
- Ability to deal with varying subject matter and tone, equally adept at creating strikingly beautiful imagery and gritty horror
- Ability to rapidly draft roughs / speed paints to help communicate direction
- Good communicator capable of exploring an idea visually
- Previous experience of creating concept art and other production materials for games, film, or TV
- Excellent 2D art skills and Photoshop skills
- Experience producing storyboards for games, film or TV would be an advantage
- Experience using Maya/Sketchup or other 3D package is an advantage
Perks and benefits include…
- Pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Social events including the famously large summer party
Supermassive make big games with small teams and pride themselves on their supportive, inclusive, and friendly culture where work-life balance is both respected and protected. The studio celebrates and nurtures their team members and seeks to constantly improve tools and workflows so they can focus on creativity, further supported by fast decision-making to allow good ideas to flourish.