Experienced Programmer (Remote Options) - Leeds, UK
- Posted 03 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NamePaul Walker
Experienced Programmer (Remote Options)
Rebellion - Leeds, UK
Are you an experienced Programmer looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
Rebellion North are looking for somebody to work on Rebellion games as well as trusted industry partners on genre-defining AAA IPs. They are a dynamic and growing team who relish challenges and punching above their weight. Their friendly & inclusive studio culture fosters an environment where all team members can reach their potential in the fastest possible time.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to join an ambitious team based near Leeds and working on multiple projects using different engines including Unreal 5.
You'll need to be passionate about code, a creative thinker and enjoy the challenge of providing solid solutions to complex problems. This role involves working across many areas of game development, helping to design, schedule and deliver code with cutting edge technology on all the latest platforms.
As an Experienced Programmer, you will be self-motivated with a high level of initiative and able to work unsupervised. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly adapt to and support in-house working practice, assist in mentoring Junior Programmers, as well as the usual responsibilities of an experienced Programmer.
Rebellion would prefer this candidate to work with them on-site or in a hybrid-working arrangement, but remote candidates will also be considered.
As an Experienced Programmer, you will...
- Implement cutting-edge, intuitive solutions for next-generation gameplay
- Debug, maintain, and extend existing code
- Program new, robust, maintainable, and platform-optimised code
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards, communicating with designers, artists, and other coders to ensure the team satisfy game requirements and quality
- Identify and resolve development obstacles and risks, propose improvements, and implement solutions to improve performance and reliability
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Develop new tools, techniques, and processes and provide feedback to the Rebellion team on how they can be utilised
- Collaborate productively within a large multi-disciplined project team environment, communicating ideas and issues clearly, and supporting all coders on your team as required
- Ability to meet multiple production objectives and deadlines under pressure and be responsive to deadlines
For this role, you will need...
- Professional experience in a similar role, having published at least one title
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Strong debugging, profiling, and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
- A specialisation with Unreal would be an advantage
- A deep passion for playing games
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Rowan on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com now!