Climax Studios are seeking a down-to-earth and creative thinking Gameplay Programmer who can bring their experience and considerable coding talents to the studio; an engineer that they can learn from as well as teach and grow with.
With a history spanning over 30 years, Climax Studios is one of the most established game development studios in the UK. They develop the widest variety of games of any studio, across all platforms, with titles such as Assassins Creed, Silent Hill, Dirt Rally, Crackdown and even Dreamworks' “How to Train Your Dragon”.
They are part of the listed Keywords Studio group, and their team exceeds 150 employees in their beautiful Portsmouth studio alone, with quite a few more working fully remotely from across the UK and abroad.
Climax are working on two brand new AAA 3rd person, open-world RPG console game projects and need to grow their team.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Taking ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Rapidly cultivating in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Developing standard methodologies and effectively communicating these to other team members and disciplines
- Bringing technical expertise and experience to the challenges of game development
- Effectively profiling and optimising game systems
The skills and experience you'll need...
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming history
- A track record in the full game development lifecycle
- Advanced C++ programming skillset
- Written/verbal communication proficiency
- Adept in mathematical thinking
- A real passion for games programming
Some of the perks and benefits include...
- Visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours
- Keywords share scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Extensive training system and professional development resources
- Free breakfast and lunch (in studio)
- Career progression - they promote from within