Gameplay Software Engineer (Remote Options)
Ballistic Moon - Farnborough, UK
Ballistic Moon are on the lookout for a Gameplay Software Engineer to work on prototyping and game systems for one of their new projects!
Ballistic Moon is an established Independent Game Studio, based in the South-East of England. They are a rapidly growing team of highly experienced and passionate developers, focused on creating the outstanding and amazing games of the future.
With a major project for a renowned publisher, and their own IP on the way, they are creating new genre-defining games in Unreal Engine 5. They are looking for additional team members to join their group of developers and creatives to help them to realise their vision.
As a Gameplay Software Engineer, you will...
- Create and build prototypes for new & ground-breaking features
- Build and maintain gameplay features & systems across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with the Lead Engineer & other Senior/Lead disciplines
- Work with Design, Art and Production
For this role, you will need...
- Excellent understanding of software engineering and software design
- Proficiency in C++
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Clear communication and troubleshooting capabilities
- Capacity to own and manage large portions of a codebase
- Ability to work well with other members of the development team and the founders
- Proficiency with modern IDEs; preferably Visual Studio
- 4+ years’ experience in C++ software development in videogames
- At least one major shipped title
- Thorough experience with writing modern systems architecture for game engines
- Solid experience with popular game engines such as: Unreal Engine/Unity/idTech/Decima
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- A background building rapid prototypes
- At least one shipped title using Unreal Engine
- Passion for games
- No fear of failure
Just some of the benefits of working with Ballistic Moon include...
- Training & Development
- Hybrid/Remote Working
- Project Completion Bonus & Christmas Bonus – more for senior roles & above-and-beyond performance
- Private Medical & Dental - Personal, Partner & Children
- Free Parking when on site
- Interest-Free Travel Loan for those regularly commuting
- Pension above minimum contributions
- 25 days annual leave + extra days off for Christmas, as well as UK Bank Holidays as standard
- Paid Sabbatical (2 weeks after 6 years, additional 4 weeks after 10 years)
- Local Gym Membership
- Flexible working around core hours of 10am - 4pm
- Share options scheme (under creation)
This is one of the most up and coming studios in the UK. The team they are creating, the work they are doing alongside offering fully remote roles puts them at the top of a lot of people lists.
Get in touch for more details firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!