After seeing continual growth, Team17 are wanting to add a Head of PR to join a multidisciplinary team.
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director, you will have the chance to lead the PR and events team and define and oversee the strategic direction for their first and third party games, as well as taking charge of the external and internal communications responsibility.
You will get the chance to shape the way they operate, installing processes and structures as well as best practices to enable the communications teams to deliver the strongest global PR strategies, liaising with other teams to ensure the success of games through exposure and reputation.
This is an opportunity for someone with leadership talent to equip and nurture PR managers, to identify gaps and weaknesses in the tools and processes they employ, and be rigorous about seeking optimisation in the department as a whole. The ideal candidate will know what great looks like and be able to utilise their extensive network to map out opportunities matched to each title’s needs and secure the attention of audiences for maximum pickup.
- Oversee the development of PR strategies for all the titles, using knowledge and expertise to ensure the strongest solutions are in place to meet strategic and communications goals
- Think in 1-3 year terms about the communications plans, defining the new releases and portfolio direction, matching the plans to meet the company and departmental priorities
- Significantly contribute to the definition and shape of the overall business strategy and priorities through offering expertise and thought-leadership in communications and events
- Find ways of collaborating to bring the marcomms team closer together through sharing, brainstorming and lending experience to problem-solving
- Offer leadership to the PR Managers, working to standardise and implement best practices within internal processes, collaboration tools, strategic plans and make recommendations for different ways of working
- Identify and develop an approach for agency support across the PR space especially when looking at the global view, bringing a network of existing agency partner relationships to the table
- Lead and manage a team of PR and Events talent, developing career plans and leadership capabilities in their existing talent, ensuring the right structures and experience is in place to effectively deliver
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Experience in the III/AA space, with a proven track record of commercial and creative approach to title releases
- Strong network of press contacts, deep knowledge of the indie games industry
- Skilled at resource management and leadership whilst still working directly on product
- Ability to work independently, instinctively lead projects, and identify problems and workable solutions
- Strategic, long-term thinking, constantly assessing the future landscape for the department to identify and plan for future trends, opportunities, and potential challenges or problems which might impact longer-term plans
- Proven history of comms successes for software titles, with a broad and deep knowledge of the PR landscape
- Working knowledge of organisational software, Office suite, mastering GANT charts
- Strong emotional intelligence, diplomacy, and relationship development skills to appropriately and impactfully engage with leadership and cross-functional peers
- Excellent management and organisational skills, promoting a culture of collaboration across the marketing team and partnering functions
- Champion and encourage creative, original, and inventive thinking within the department and area of expertise
- Good copywriting ability combined with fine-tuned creative judgement
Perks and benefits include…
- Annual Bonus, pension matched up to 8%, Share Save Scheme, and £1000 of free shares for all existing and new colleagues
- BUPA private medical insurance including cover for pre-existing conditions and BUPA Dental
- Game console loans of up to £500 and game keys