Rebellion North are looking for a Lead Animator to work on Rebellion games as well as trusted industry partners on genre-defining AAA IPs. You will join an ambitious team working on multiple projects using different engines including Unreal 5.
Rebellion North are a dynamic and growing team who relish challenges and punching above their weight. Their friendly and inclusive studio culture fosters an environment where all team members can reach their potential in the fastest possible time.
Their vibrant and expanding art team is looking for a highly motivated Lead Animator to help nurture the team growth and have maximum impact on their games as you work on innovating movements and behaviours on their exciting unannounced title.
The studio preference is for on-site working or a hybrid-working arrangement, remote candidates may also be considered.
Your responsibilities will be…
- Proactively manage your team’s performance and professional development through performance review cycles giving constructive, actionable, relevant feedback
- Collaborate with Head of Art, Designers, Programmers and Producers to balance creative vision with production realities
- Work with PBR pipeline and advance game engines tools
- Create high quality, in game animations to the highest standard in line with the style and demanded by the project
- Build strong collaboration with motion capture partners
- Verify the quality of animation in the game and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Expert knowledge of Motion Capture
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max and Character Studio, Motion builder and Maya
- Able to animate realistic human motion
- Expert knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Able to produce high quality animation in different game engines including Unreal
- Expert knowledge of the game development process and production pipelines
- Able to focus individuals and teams to achieve a specific outcome to drive performance
- Able to analyse data and issues whilst generating ideas through original thought
Perks and benefits include…
- 26 days holiday plus public holidays (increasing with service)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events