Vertigo Games - Amsterdam, NL
As their Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise, Vertigo Games are looking to recruit a seasoned Lead Artist who can guide a team of talented creatives.
Vertigo Studios are the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world. The Lead Artist will guide the artists they manage in realising the best possible visual quality. The Lead is responsible for keeping team’s focus and motivation by acting as an example for others to follow.
As a Lead Artist, you will...
- Be accountable for their team’s delivery of digital in-game art assets, anything from 3D meshes and textures for props, environments and characters to animations, shaders, lighting and UI
- Ensure the team complies with the project’s vision, visual style, and technical requirements
- Build the team’s skills and expertise through mentoring in a way that facilitates motivation and creativity in the team
- Engages with the leads and production team in high-level planning of the project, ensuring their team’s deliverables meet project milestones
- Instigate a high-level of art-related decisions during the development of the project regarding art-related project risks
- Facilitate effective cooperation with other disciplines, notably: tech, design, and production
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and originality in treatment of both licensed and original IP
- Represent the studio to external stakeholders and other contacts
- Proactively identify skills and experience gaps in the project’s art team
- Assist the Creative Department Manager with the growth and development of the studio’s art team
- To communicate freely in English, both written and verbal
- To be an experienced creative leader that inspires the team
Bonus points if you have...
- 5+ Years' experience in a Lead Artist role
- A track record of the full development cycle on console/PC titles
- Strong traditional art fundamentals, including the function of form and colour, proportions, shape, etc.
- Experience in crafting content that meets both the creative aspiration of the team and needs of the product
- Proficiency in agile development methods
- A mastery of Jira and Confluence to track and manage progress
- An ability to own complex issues across disciplines and teams
- Demonstrable hands-on art skills and a desire to keep it that way
- A specialised field of knowledge, such as UI/Assets/Environments, etc
Just some of the benefits of working with Vertigo include...
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in the canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Jordan Langley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!