Lead Audio Designer
Sumo Digital - Sheffield, UK
With a rich history of developing multiple AAA franchises such as Little Big Planet and Crackdown, as well as contributing to genre-defining titles like the Forza Motorsport and Hitman series, Sumo Sheffield’s vast development experience spans multiple genres and platforms.
Winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team have a track record of working on some of the world's biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work on Sackboy: A Big Adventure. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sumo Sheffield family!
Sumo are seeking an experienced, talented Lead Sound Designer to join their growing team and help create incredible games!
You will be using our leading-edge facilities to create and implement sound effects in one of their most exciting projects yet! Working alongside the Design, Art and Code teams, you will create and integrate audio as a central pillar of their games. You will take responsibility for driving quality throughout, with involvement in every aspect of audio development from conceptualising through to final mix.
The team are passionate about all aspects of audio and this is a great opportunity for an experienced designer who shares that passion and wants to be part of this exciting studio’s future.
As a Lead Audio Designer, you will...
- Create world-class, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
- Work with the Project Audio Director to define and maintain vision
- Organise regular reviews with the audio team, providing feedback and identify opportunities for iteration
- Manage contractors and external resources
- Identify new audio pipelines, leading the optimisation and refinement of current audio pipelines
- Have audio at the forefront of everything you do, presenting audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
- Mentor the audio team and embed best practice principles in their work
For this role, you'll need...
- Full cycle development experience as an Audio Designer on at least 3 shipped titles
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
- Good knowledge of field and studio recording
- Familiarity with foley recording and application
- Experience in working with sound-to-picture
- The ability to mentor and lead team members
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with clients Experience with sprint planning and review
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- To be well organised and self-motivated
- Strong creative sound design skills
- High technical ability
Bonus points if you have skills and experience in...
- Current gen console development/production
- Comfortable running dialogue sessions
- Working alongside composers to integrate and optimise music
- Multichannel sound design
- An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
- UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
- Project management software such as TFS
Interested? Call Lawrie on 01709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!