We are working with the renowned Rebellion in their search for a Lead Backend Programmer to join their in-house technical team to deliver backend services that support both live games and internal tools.
Rebellion they are proud of their open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. They love what they do, and they have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, they have complete creative freedom over their titles which allows them to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
- Build and manage a team of developers to deliver and maintain services to support all titles using the Asura engine
- Plan, research, and architect new services based on priorities from stakeholders and the Technical Director
- Work with Design and Network teams to turn feature designs into robust, scalable services and tools
- Provide technical leadership by establishing and maintaining best practices across the team
- Proactively identify and resolve issues in production and development environments
- Professional experience as a Lead managing a team of developers and taking part in strategic discussions and decisions
- Experience with at least one Cloud Provider, preferably AWS
- Expert in at least one server-side language and framework
- Proven experience building and running scalable, maintainable, and robust web services
- Solid understanding of core technologies such as Nginx, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Previous games industry experience would be a plus
- Working knowledge of C++ would be a bonus