We are supporting nDreams as they look for a passionate Lead Artist to join them at their new studio, Elevation.
Elevation is seeded by the creative talent that brought you the innovative, genre defining award-winning VR title Phantom: Covert Ops, they’re looking for exceptional talent to help pave the way forward with fresh innovation for the next generation of VR hardware and software.
As the Lead Artist at the studio, you will be responsible for guiding and mentoring a diverse team of artists that can create genre-leading titles.You will help establish and drive the implementation process that empowers, discovers, and refines intuitive, aspirational, and awe-inspiring games.
- Work alongside the Art Director to bring a creative vision into real-time fruition
- Refine and build upon your teams’ skills and strengths to deliver the highest quality content
- Establish and ensure a creative, clear methodology and process that your team can utilise, and flourish within
- Ensure and evolve creative and positive cross-discipline collaboration in a remote setting
- Continuously brainstorm for VR sensibilities, artistic possibilities, and innovations
- Support an agile, fail-fast methodology when discovering and exploring gameplay content
- Forge products whilst balancing creativity with commercial pragmatism
- Have hands-on asset creation expertise, leading by example when required
- Be a positive behavioural and mental role model for the team and studio
- Create a healthy working environment, ensuring positive scenarios of success for your team
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5 years of professional game development experience, with 3 or more shipped titles
- Ability to understand, articulate and deliver on an artistic vision
- Proven track record of hands-on art creation, sub-team leadership, and achievements
- Varied approach and portfolio to rendering and artistic endeavours
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of real-time game engines, tools, pipelines, optimisation, and cross platform development
- Committed team player, recognising the importance and value of people within a technology environment
- Willingness to get “stuck in” at any operational level
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience of VR game development
- A broad and varied exposure to the multiple sub-disciplines across the team, such as UI, environment, animation, and character
- Good technical aptitude and rendering knowledge to help mitigate creative direction and performance issues
- Experience or an in-depth knowledge of Unreal 4 / 5
They are a remote-first studio, with all the perks that come with it. Work from anywhere to help them push the boundaries of VR, with cutting-edge technology and the support of their established VR expertise from the wider nDreams group.