As a Lead Programmer at Steel City Interactive, you will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating, and managing a team of programmers while collaborating with other teams on the project.
Do you want to work for an exciting game developer that’s redefining the way people play video games?
Do you want to work in a fun environment where you are able to express your creativity and passion for games?
You will join a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X and PC. You will take ownership and responsibility for developing features, work with the wider team on planning and delivery and share a passion for games. Although we pride ourselves on our technical excellence, we are a creative bunch, actively generating ideas and bringing our collective skills, experiences, and storytelling to our innovative creative process.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Lead and manage a programming team at a technical and personal level.
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their development.
- Assist in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
- Encourage team to create a strong technical document on different development platforms/consoles.
- Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project.
- Knowledge and experience of working with console technical requirements.
- Optimization and debugging across multiple platforms (Console and PC).
- Work with Production to build and maintain the code backlog.
- Arrange and run 121s with members of the programming team.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- 5+ years of professional experience as programmer in the games industry.
- Very strong skills in C, C++ and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience working in Game Engines (Unity, Unreal etc)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Should be familiar with performance bottlenecks and ways to resolve them, multi-threading, OS concepts, System programming, Optimization etc.…
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to be able to adapt to technical changes as needed.
- Experience managing a team.
- Shipped at least 2 titles
Bonus points if you have...
- Knowledge of OpenGL, DirectX and Physics Engine.
- Knowledge of Networking API.
- Strong command on 3D maths and physics.
- Passion for Gaming!
Perks and Benefits...
- Flexible working hours
- Healthcare Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to 24/7 doctors
- Paid Sick Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Discount Club
- Enjoy Technology Benefit
- Company paid outings
- Relocation benefit