Lead UI Engineer (Hybrid)
- Posted 20 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationRoyal Leamington Spa
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameDave Moss
Playground Games, the first-party Xbox Games Studio, are searching for a Lead UI Engineer to work with the UI team to foster a highly technical and collaborative engineering group.
The studio are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, enjoyable for their community. They are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding their diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
As a Lead UI Engineer at Playground Games, you will be responsible for setting team goals, line management, career development, and helping shape their technology. Their ideal candidate is a proven engineering lead who is passionate about their craft, experienced in UI as a problem domain, and thrives off working with others.
- Work with stakeholder groups to identify UI and core technology requirements
- Provide tech direction for our custom, proprietary engine
- Manage goals and ensure delivery of work for a team of engineers
- Define, deploy, and measure career development goals
- Interview and evaluate UI Engineering candidates
- 5+ years of engineering experience, with demonstrable work on one or more published titles, ideally AAA
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Strong understanding of UI frameworks and patterns
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Keen collaboration and delivery mindset
- A genuine passion for video games
- WPF experience is a bonus
This is a fantastic opportunity to make “world-class games” with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios. Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.