Lead Unreal Gameplay Programmer (Remote)
CI Games - Warsaw, PL
Aardvark Swift is currently supporting CI Games, the makers of fantastic Sniper Ghost Warrior and Lords of the Fallen titles in their search for a Lead Gameplay Programmer. The fan-celebrated Sniper Ghost Warrior franchise has sold over 13 million copies worldwide, while the action RPG, Lords of the Fallen, recently surpassed the 3 million mark. The studio has a fantastic work-life balance, offering flexible working hours and full remote working opportunities as well as some fantastic offices for those interested in relocation.
In this role, you will...
- Be the technical lead in architecting and implementing gameplay systems for Sniper-based gameplay (E.g., Player Locomotion, Mission System, Weapons, and Inventory systems)
- Work closely with designers and programmers to prototype and build network replicating, robust systems
- Ensure that strong architectural decisions are made by team members and drive and share best practice across the gameplay engineering team and other engineering teams
- Help solve complex gameplay engineering problems with elegant and creative solutions
- Fix bugs and issues found by testing the gameplay
- Prototype and iterate on features and be responsive to constructive feedback
- Setup good testing frameworks within Unreal Engine to ensure realistic memory and CPU targets are met
- Report to the Technical Director, ensure milestones are carefully produced and adhered to, communicating complications and requests for extensions as early as possible
- Guide and mentor team members to ensure the Gameplay team is always growing its overall skillsets
For this role, you'll need...
- 4 years of experience as senior or lead gameplay programmer
- Experience spent developing FPS Shooter / Tactical FPS games
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- A background building gameplay systems for several Unreal Engine 4 PC/Console/Mobile games
- Deep familiarity, experience and knowledge using Unreal Engine Blueprints and C++ across the entire pipeline of 3D game development
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- To have an open, creative mind and passion for learning and mentoring other team members
- To be comfortable working in a high-growth environment
- Fluency in English
- Preferred if located in Europe (Must be able to work at the company’s core hours)
Just some of the benefits of working with CI Games include...
- Working on engaging projects with an excellent team and international environment
- Participation in a profit share program
- Social benefits (Medical insurance, Sport card, 100% payable sick leave)
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10:00-16:00 CET)
- Remote work or from Warsaw studio
If you are interested in applying for this role, get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.