We are working with Climax Studios as they look for a Level Designer to design and build large, immersive levels that create memorable gameplay experiences.
At Climax, they emphasise and embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones. The studio have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and they have won multiple awards along the way.
- Keep to project vision for best practices, methodologies used, and quality benchmark
- Accept critique and provide feedback to those you collaborate with, whilst devising solution
- Regularly play the game and provide suggestions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- Understand and action the narrative and gameplay ambitions for the levels
- Collaborate within a fast acting team, across multiple disciplines, at all levels
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Experience working as a Level Designer on one or more published console titles
- Strong grasp of level flow, metrics, and pacing
- Good visual eye for scene setting, sight lines, vistas, and areas of interest
- Proven experience working within Unreal Engine 4 or 5, as well as with Blueprinting
- Experience of grey boxing levels to a professional standard
- Previous experience in scripting gameplay content in levels such as events, interactions, and encounters
- Experience with enemy placement and spawn points
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a creative and multidisciplinary team
- Level design experience for third person action games is a benefit
Perks and benefits include…
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
Climax Studio’s seafront location at Gunwharf Quays overlooks the harbour and is only a short walk from the train station, bars, restaurants, and coffee shops, so you can make plenty of use of the studio discount card for the shops in the local shopping centre!
The studio is big on socialising together and has plenty of in-house clubs and socials, from board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, making lots of opportunities to socialise, including project wrap parties, team and studio events, Christmas and summer parties and some great charity fundraising events.