Aardvark Swift is supporting Splash Damage in their recruitment for a Principal Cinematic Artist as they embark on new and ambitious projects including a new IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations. As part of this new era Splash Damage have created their own worlds including an original Sci-fi game in Unreal Engine 5, giving them true ownership of their projects.
As a Principal Cinematic Artist you will further drive the development of the cinematic department by elevating visual storytelling and helping to create a beautiful, realistic world showcasing the characters and story that takes place.
You will report to the Cinematic Director as part of a multi-skilled team of animators, lighters, technical artists, UI artists, VFX artists and world artists that work collaboratively in an iterative design process; breaking down deliverables; sharing regular updates and delivering on commitments.
- Leading the creation cinematic sequences across the entire creative process – from storyboard to implementation
- Help establish and drive the pipelines, processes, and methods necessary to take a cinematic from script through to final pixel
- Maintaining consistent quality, style, and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings
- Previous game or film experience working on sequences and cut scenes
- Previous experience of working with performance capture data and applying it to cinematic sequences
- Understanding of scene composition, pacing, and editing
- Strong knowledge of storytelling, filmic language, and cinematography technique
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Ability to give and receive feedback and adapt to visual direction
- Working knowledge of Motion Builder, Maya, or another equivalent 3D program.
- Comfortable working with in-engine cinematic tools such as Unreal Engine’s Sequencer
- Outstanding understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development in an interactive medium
- Well versed in a variety of cinematic presentation styles and up to date with the latest cinematic techniques and innovations
Bonus points if you have…
- 3 or more published games with at least one AAA titleGreat working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech
- Create high quality animations for characters, facial, props and vehicles for cinematics
- You understand how gameplay and cinematic content interact with each other
- Previous work with external partners and vendors.
Perks and benefits include...
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, mental health support and a 24/7 digital GP service
- Employee assistance programme
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave and 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions and a group life assurance scheme
And not forgetting the famous Splash Damage social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way.