Studio 397 is seeking a Principal Game Designer to join their expanding team for an exciting new in-development racing project. In this role, you will collaborate with the team to create captivating gameplay experiences that align with the game's vision.
Studio 397 is a tight-knit team driven by the passion to develop the most accurate motorsport simulation possible.
Additionally, you’ll oversee and drive the game's vision, mechanics, and overall experience to ensure a dynamic and rewarding gameplay environment. This role offers remote working for their simulation base studio in Silverstone, UK.
- Collaborate with key staff to develop and refine the game's design, taking ownership of the vision and bringing it to life
- Ensure the overall game design aligns with the intellectual property, creative goals, and business requirements
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including the game design document, and effectively communicate detailed design changes to the wider team for seamless implementation
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure the team and stakeholders understand the game's vision and design, ensuring it meets the project brief
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Three or more years of experience as a senior, preferably lead designer, with a successful track record of commercially shipped titles for PC and/or Console platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey design concepts and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of player motivations and how they can evolve within team dynamics
- Familiarity with games as a service and the ability to apply it to the unique requirements of a racing title
- Strong creative and technical design abilities to conceptualise innovative gameplay features
- Self-motivated with exceptional attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of games, both classic and contemporary, particularly in the realm of racing games
- Analytical and iterative problem-solving approach to game design challenges
- Solid understanding of game design processes and methodologies