Independent games studio, Rebellion are looking for a talented Senior Gameplay Programmer to make a real impact and join their team working on an exciting new dark sci-fi shooter IP, with a focus on strategy and cooperation.
As a Senior Programmer, you will be building systems that support behaviours for a range of characters. You will work closely with the animation team, and with other members of the programming team, as well as systems designers, and level designers when it comes to terrain traversal and interpretation.
Additionally, you will be joining a small, passionate, and experienced team with a proven record of delivering quality experiences.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with sound knowledge of object-oriented development
- Professional experience having shipped one or more titles on console or PC, with work related to animation and gameplay
- Experience working with a large game codebase, and its modules and middleware
- Comprehension of software performance considerations, with the ability to design and implement well performing systems
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application
- Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor, and optimise an existing module
- Ability to mentor others
- Interest in shooters and cooperative experiences
For 30 years Rebellion been creating incredible video games across their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Operating across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important, and they want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, they are always open to discussing how they can support remote and/or hybrid working options.