We are supporting Torn Banner Studios as they look for a talented Senior Concept Artist to help them make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, the sequel to their multi-million copy selling original, whilst supporting future titles.
The studio are a close-knit independent video game studio of around eighty developers in Toronto and love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
As a Senior Concept Artist at the studio, you’ll create compelling art designs, communicate with the production team, whilst facilitating feedback, and work with leads to execute the vision for the games they make.
- Create high-quality concept art to develop visuals and guide the production of current and future titles
- Produce designs for environments, characters, props, and other aspects of the game, whilst matching the given visual style, theme, and tone
- Work closely with artists, level designers, and leads to bring concepts to life, proactively solving new problems as they arise
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 3 or more years of professional game development experience as a Concept Artist
- Exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high-quality concept art
- Expert knowledge of game concept art development processes, from initial research, sketches and blue-sky concepting, to the creation of final, well-developed, and refined pieces
- Ability to receive feedback and iterate as required
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Motivated mindset, with an ability to communicate efficiently with team members
It's a bonus if you have…
- Passion for the medieval era and melee combat
- Experience with 3D software, such as Blender, Maya, or zBrush
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Shipped one or more AAA title
Perks and benefits include…
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Healthcare benefits