nDreams are searching for a talented Senior Environment Artist to become a key part of our growing VR studio. In this role you’ll be responsible for creating believable and coherent game worlds and inspiring the people around you to ensure they’re delivering incredible virtual reality games and experiences.
They're a world-leading virtual reality game developer and publisher, combining innovation with excellence. Their projects are a leap forward for VR and for the studio and they are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
They’re the studio behind the #1 Selling, Best of E3 Award-winning, Phantom: Covert Ops and they’ve got several exciting projects planned for 2021 and beyond, including Fracked, their recent PS VR exclusive.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Creating remarkable in-game environments. Interpreting the concept and style in innovative and creative ways and delivering these worlds in a quality final product
- Collaborating closely with level designers to evangelise worlds that are built from the outset to fuse great creative and design, in order to deliver outstanding creative gameplay
- Effectively composing lighting, set dressing, atmosphere and more, to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite and emote the player Working closely with other disciplines (VFX, audio, character etc.) to bring these to life in a holistic way
- Through strong execution, demonstrating the potential for strong environment art, in order to inspire both the environment team and members of the wider studio
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Expertise in creating cohesive and believable worlds across different styles and multiple shipped products.
- 4 years of professional development in the industry
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Self-driven and autonomous mentality with the proven ability to interpret and translate art direction consistently, and with a strong sense of composition, lighting, form and colour
- Creative whilst efficient knowledge in the use of real-time engines (e.g. UE4) and relevant tools (Maya, Z-Brush etc.).
- Ability to utilise a wide array of techniques in varied ways for 3D asset creation.
- A team player with strong communication skills and a well-tempered and consistent attitude.
- Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, both respectfully and in way that inspires them to strive for quality
- Strong illustrative and storyboarding skills are not essential but are a bonus when integrated into the world building process. If not, experience working closely with in-house concept teams to evolve a coherent world.
They offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials! nDreams' newly redesigned open plan office is modern and spacious and has great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Once you’ve seen what they’re up to, how they work, and their commitment to a collaborative culture and excellence, they’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is based can be office based or hybrid through their unique Flex+ policy. Flex+ empowers you to make decisions about your work location depending on the tasks at the time in collaboration with your team and Manager. The studio is within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.