Senior Graphics Programmer
Deep Silver FISH LABS - Hamburg, DE
Aardvark Swift are supporting Deep Silver FISH LABS in their search for a Senior Graphics Programmer. For more than 15 years, Deep Silver FISHLABS have been creating award-winning, chart-topping games that have been brought to life on millions of screens. They are a Studio for gamers, by gamers, and a reference in developing premium games with deep and engaging experiences across platforms.
As part of Koch Media, and alongside Deep Silver sister studios across the globe, they create stunning immersive experiences that inspire millions of players worldwide.
The Core Tech team supports both internal and external teams with their expertise in engine, tools, performance, and platform support. They work with Unreal Engine as well as proprietary engines. The studio creates titles on a whole range of platforms, like Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, Stadia, PC, or Nintendo Switch. They make sure their games stay on the cutting edge by exploring new technologies, enabling content creators by taking care of the technical details.
Part of the role will include...
- Making sure their games look amazing
- Constantly pushing for better visual quality
- Making sense of existing codebases quickly
- Optimising and debug confidently
For this role, you'll need...
- A university degree in computer science (or comparable education)
- An eye for details and an ability to judge visual quality and style
- Experience with the whole rendering pipeline from mesh creation to the final image on the screen
- Strong mathematics skills as related to 3D graphics
- Ability to collaborate with artists and technical artists to achieve the right aesthetic
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (e.g., Direct3D 12, Vulkan)
- A background with shading languages (e.g., HLSL)
- Excellent working knowledge of C++
- Ability to implement simple, robust, and efficient solutions to complex problems
- Intuitive debugging and optimisation skills related to rendering
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Specialisation in Unreal a bonus
This role comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. Most importantly, a motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the centre of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all staff, include including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. Awarded as a family-friendly workplace, they recognise how important a healthy work-life balance is. They also offer visa support and relocation packages for those coming from abroad.
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more...
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.