Offworld Industries is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter, Squad. With skilled employees making up their studio, they are looking for a Senior Level Designer to join them during their rapid growth, thanks to continued success.
Their expansion as a studio sees them working as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character-based multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
Built on passion, unified spirit, and continuing efforts to break the mould, Offworld Industries strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games. They want you to help them on that journey!
- Utilise your understanding and optimization skills to instancing, merging, levels of detail, hierarchical instanced static meshes, and proxies
- Thrive in a highly collaborative team environment, collaborating across varying game disciplines, whilst anticipating, prioritizing, and organizing work to meet objectives
- Communicate ideas and possible threats to level design progression to team members
- 5+ years’ experience as a professional level designer, with extensive experience in multiplayer FPS games
- Involvement in shipping one or more game titles
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 computer software or equivalent (Unity, QERadiant, Source Engine)
- Experience with design production tools and level editing pipelines
- Experience with World Machine or similar terrain creation software
- Prior experience with visual scripting processes, such as Blueprint
- Experience with imaging software, such as Adobe Photoshop
It's a bonus if you have…
- An interest in shooter games
- Experience with source control software (Perforce)
- Experience with task management software (Jira)
- Mentoring skills to enable the growth of more junior level designer
- Self-motivated problem solver and solution-finder that can take ownership over their assigned areas of the game