Senior Network Programmer (Remote Options)
Whatboy Games - London, UK
Aardvark Swift is currently supporting Whatboy Games in their search for a Senior Network Programmer. For the right candidate this is an incredible opportunity to join a small team with big ambitions.
Whatboy are a close-knit team, looking to expand after the success of their first title, Trials of Fire. They are now working on their second strategy title, codenamed ‘Project Leaf’. The role will offer you the opportunity to help set the technical direction for Whatboy Games going forward.
This role would involve working with the Game Director to ensure they have a comprehensive set of online features for an upcoming strategy title. Whatboy are a very small team at the moment, with ambitions to expand, so this role is ideal for anyone looking for additional responsibilities in the future and loves strategy games. They are very focused around creating a positive work/life balance with a culture around outcomes rather than core hours.
The role can be worked on a fully remote basis and can offer a competitive salary including equity. Other benefits include Vitality health insurance (opt in/out) a Royalty share scheme, and more!
As a Senior Network Programmer, you will develop the network infrastructure required for an upcoming Multi-Player title, including...
- Online lobbies
- Online profile integration
- Cloud server management
- Work closely with the Game Director to implement best in class online features
- Maintain and distribute builds for in-house and QA multi-player testing
For this role, you will need...
- A good understanding in C/C++ and software architecture
- Proven experience in implementing network features in a released title
- A proven ability to design and implement re-usable systems inside a large code base
- Credits on on at least 2 published title.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience an advantage
- A passion for playing and developing world class strategy games.
- To be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- To be a team player and know the importance of listening to others
- Able to work independently, prioritise and handle pressure
- Excellent time management skills to work independently and remotely
- Good verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills
Get in touch for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!