Rebellion, the renowned game development company, has been producing exceptional video games for the past three decades across their various studios and are looking for a Senior Network Programmer to join them.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for advancing online multiplayer features for PC and consoles by writing and developing network code that will elevate Rebellion's industry-leading internal engine and tools suite.
This role is best suited for an innovative and experienced Network/Online Programmer who is well-versed in code writing and can confidently propose new ideas, tools, and methods to enhance the online gameplay of Rebellion's games on all platforms.
- Write and develop robust maintainable engine code
- Implement features across all current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies
- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling, and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Integrate APIs such as PlayStation network, XBOX Live, and Steamworks
- Maintain and add to existing codebase, including low and mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers
- Respond to feature requests and bug reports from game development staff
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas, and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent C/C++ skills with the ability to write clear maintainable code
- Strong debugging, profiling, and optimising
- Ability to work with a large existing codebase, learn new systems and concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge and interest in networking, online gaming, and use of third-party multiplayer APIs