Rebellion North - Leeds, UK
Rebellion are on the lookout for a Senior Programmer to join their passionate and talented Rebellion North team to work on a new unannounced world-class IP!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV, and film. Their Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
The Senior Programmer is a new role dedicated to working on Rebellion games and with trusted industry partners on genre-defining IP. They are looking for someone who lives and breathes code, who is a creative thinker, and enjoys the challenge of providing solid solutions to complex problems. This role involves working across many areas of game development, helping to design, schedule, and deliver code with cutting-edge technology on all the latest platforms.
The Rebellion North team delivers code for multiple high-end projects with a focus on optimising code and delivery outcomes. As a Senior Programmer, you will be self-motivated with a high level of initiative and able to work unsupervised. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly adapt to and support in-house working practices and assist in mentoring Junior Programmers, as well as the usual responsibilities of an experienced Programmer.
As a Senior Programmer, you will...
- Develop and implement cutting-edge, intuitive solutions for next-gen gameplay, debugging, maintaining, and extending your own and existing code
- Write robust and maintainable code, optimising code for performance per platform
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards, communicating with designers, artists, and other coders to ensure that the team satisfy game requirements and quality
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise, suggesting improvements and implementing solutions to improve performance and reliability
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and feedback to the team on how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively within a large multi-disciplined project team environment, communicating ideas and issues clearly, and supporting all coders on your team as required
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
For this role, you will need...
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself and work with a large existing codebase
- To prototype as well as produce final code
- Strong debugging, profiling, and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Any knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
- Unreal experience would be preferable but not essential
This is a great role at one of the last big UK studios that are still independently owned. For more info get in touch email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!