Senior Rendering Programmer (Remote)
Rebellion – Oxford, UK
We’re supporting Rebellion in their search for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join their in-house technology team.
The Rebellion tech team are a team of highly skilled and experienced programmers who develop their inhouse engine asura with cutting edge technology. It’s exciting to be part of this collaborative team, you’ll work on developing core systems and features within the engine to help their games come to life!
As their next Senior Rendering Programmer, you’ll join a small but exceptionally talented team of graphics programming specialists to develop the rendering technology in their proprietary game engine. You will research, design, and implement innovative new graphics features in the engine. Your work will have impact across all of Rebellion's titles, and as they work on multiple projects at any given time your role will impact across every title they publish.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Design, implement and test new graphics features on their in-house engine
- Maintain and update the existing code base
- Take an active role in planning and prioritising work on current and future systems
- Proactively monitor, find, and address all types of performance issues using IDE Performance Tools
- Proactively monitor, investigate, and address warning messages when running code
- Perform code reviews in different areas, spotting bugs, suggesting improvements, and providing constructive feedback
- Work with all stakeholders to analyse and understand requirements, prioritise backlogs and plan future work
- Support other team members or programmers from other disciplines where appropriate
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong knowledge of platform-specific API features and the ability to apply this knowledge to determine the best approaches to writing platform agnostic features in an engine
- Experience writing and optimising shaders for a range of platforms
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of shader model and platform-specific features
- Experience designing graphics features at a high-level
- Strong understanding of the interaction between different rendering stages, and CPU / GPU interaction
For 30 years Rebellion have been creating incredible video games; they also have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
This is a great role at one of the last big UK studios that are still independently owned. Rebellion have multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to them, and they want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them, so as long as you are based in the UK, they are able to offer full remote opportunities.
For more information on either the role or the studio and their culture get in touch with Dave Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.