We are working with Climax Studios as they look for a Senior Systems Designer to join a AAA award winning studio and team in a state-of-the-art studio.
At Climax, they emphasise and embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones. The studio have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and they have won multiple awards along the way.
- Create and take ownership of core gameplay systems
- Work closely with the team and all stakeholders throughout a game’s development
- Create compelling and memorable moment-to-moment gameplay
- Create and maintain clear and concise documentation for all the features you are responsible for
- Keep to project vision for best practices, methodologies used, and quality benchmark
- Accept critique and devise solutions
- Regularly play the game and provide suggestions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- Rapidly prototype ideas in engine and relay them to the team
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Experience working as a Gameplay Systems Designer creating gameplay features and mechanics on one or more published AAA console titles
- Proven experience working within Unreal Engine 4 or 5, as well as with Blueprinting
- Previous experience working on player movement, abilities, weapons, cameras, and exploration mechanics
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a creative and multi-disciplinary team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Passion and motivation to drive features forward and make great gameplay
- Experience of third-person level design and encounter design is a bonus
Perks and benefits include…
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
Climax Studio’s seafront location at Gunwharf Quays overlooks the harbour and is only a short walk from the train station, bars, restaurants, and coffee shops, so you can make plenty of use of the studio discount card for the shops in the local shopping centre!
The studio is big on socialising together and has plenty of in-house clubs and socials, from board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, making lots of opportunities to socialise, including project wrap parties, team and studio events, Christmas and summer parties and some great charity fundraising events.