Senior Technical Project Manager (Remote)
Koch Media - Munich, DE
Koch Media are actively seeking a talented and experienced Senior Technical Project Manager for enterprise development to oversee and manage a wide variety of software projects (e.g. CRM: Customer Data Platform and Marketing module rollout) from initiation throughout release, maintenance and transition.
Koch Media is an international media company with more than 2000 employees worldwide. As a leading and independent producer and marketer of digital entertainment products in Europe and the USA, their business areas include the production of films and games, the purchase and sale of film license rights, the distribution of digital media products and games publishing under the Deep Silver label.
In this role. you will have the chance to collaborate with internal as well as external software development teams, and stakeholders across different departments throughout the organisation.
In this role, you will...
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to translate project requirements into tangible deliverables
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout the entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to their respective requirements and delivered within the established constraints of scope, budget, quality and time
- Develop comprehensive project roadmaps that merge stakeholders’ and technical requirements with company’s strategic objectives, regulatory and industry standards, and manage internal- and external resources during all project phases, from initiation throughout to release, maintenance and transition
- Monitor project progress continuously and provide detailed dashboards to track performance KPIs (e.g. team velocity, feature burndown charts, etc) and status reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables to relevant stakeholders
- Communicate proactively with all involved project team members to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Analyse economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit, earned value measurement and return-on-investment standards
- Perform integrated change control, by reviewing any proposed modifications to project baselines, including the analysis of the change and its impact on the project, as well as meeting with relevant key stakeholders to discuss said impact ahead of the approval
- Conduct continuous risk analysis throughout the project, capturing the respective mitigations and contingencies strategies, as well as performing both quantitative and qualitative risk analysis where required
- Schedule the team in collaboration with the Engineering Manager, prioritising deliverables according to their assigned business value provided by key stakeholders and business analysts; as well as aligned with the both the business and project objectives
- Oversee and manage procurement activities, including the acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during the project, as well as negotiating price and agreement conditions with vendors
- Collaborate with the organisation’s legal team in regards to tailoring procurement contracts and agreements to the needs of the project
- Proactively engage stakeholders to measure project satisfaction throughout the project life cycle and ensure the needs and requirements of key stakeholders are tracked and met accordingly
- Report regularly to the Lead Project Manager the status of the project, including risks or impediments, as well as a team assessment in regards to morale and performance
- Anticipate details of future projects by regularly communicating with key stakeholders and the organisation’s steering committee and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news
For this role, you will need...
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, project management or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in leading software development teams
- A history in working in an agile/adaptive project management framework
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities in English, both written and verbal
- Emotional intelligence
- Experienced in conflict resolution
- Minimum 3 years management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with stakeholders
- Experienced in leading software projects in an Enterprise Landscape of departments (Customer Support, Sales, marketing, product development, etc), technologies (Java Enterprise, .Net, etc.) and platforms (CRM, Customer Support, B2C, B2B, etc.)
- Proficiency in using various scheduling tools (e.g. MS Project, MS Excel, Jira)
- Familiarity with MS Office Applications (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)
Bonus points if you have...
- CAPM or PMP Certification
- A background in scheduling software development teams with Jira
Just some of the benefits of working with Koch Media include...
- Partnership-oriented working atmosphere in a modern and broad-based media company
- A diverse and inclusive working environment
- Fully remote opportunity to allow for a sustainable and healthy work-life balance
- Competitive Salary
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in team building events that may include travelling to the Headquarters in Munich, Germany or other locations
Koch Media know how valuable your problem-solving and leadership skills are to their company’s success, and offer an exceptional salary and benefits package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
If you are ready to steer projects to success, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!