Aardvark Swift are supporting Tag Games, an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland, as they search for an experienced Server Engineer to join their team.
The studio has a long legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands world-wide. Join a growing team of veterans from around the world and help them grow a global games franchise.
If you are a talented Server Engineer then you might be the right person to drive the server-side features that deliver amazing gameplay experiences to millions of players across PC, Mobile, Consoles, and Web. Join their growing team of veterans from around the world and help them grow a global, award-winning, games franchise.
In this role, you will play an instrumental part in creating and delivering features to a world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers. Additionally, you’ll be part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team, as well as the broader server team, who are tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency, uptime, and low latency.
- Design, develop, and deploy server-side features and APIs for this multi-million player, cross-platform game
- Deliver services, in line with their overall technical direction, that have an incredible impact on player experience, retention, and revenue
- Help to foster a culture of high quality and high performance across the server engineering discipline and build low latency solutions that are highly scalable and consistent
- Build, maintain, and continuously improving their infrastructure systems based on a mixture of AWS and Azure
- Be a part of a rotating, on-call schedule to help support the live operations of the game
- Travel to meet up with counterparts in other European countries, where necessary
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers to build and improve features that deliver on product goals
- Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale games, or high-traffic web systems, that are reliable, yet simple to operate and maintain
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team of server engineers, but also independently as a sole server engineer
- Expertise in one of more of the following languages: C#, Go, Python or Java
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, preferably AWS or Azure
- Demonstrable experience working with different database technologies such as SQL and NoSQL databases, migration, and ORMs and optimisations
- Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating, and other security vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with Git source control
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working in C# and Unity
- Familiarity with dockerised environments and technologies like Docker and K8
- Good understanding and appreciation of automated testing and pipelines
- Experience working with non-technical team members to find the best solution for design requirements