Technical Animator (Remote Options)
Virtex VR - London, UK
Virtex are looking for a Technical Animator to join their growing Art team for their Virtex Stadium! Working very closely with their Art and development teams, you'll use control rig & animation blueprint systems in Unreal Engine to define what real-time, dynamic animation looks like in Virtex Stadium.
The day-to-day will involve creating the tools and pipelines needed to deliver best in class runtime animation for both users and events as well as assisting in development and maintenance of a variety of real-time animation systems using a wide range of inputs including VR, motion capture, live animation.
This is a perfect role for someone looking to get hands on with the next generation of live, dynamic animation systems in real-time and using them to ship real products.
As big fans of Esports, Virtex began to envision virtual stadiums and a 3D viewing experience a long time ago! With the Virtex Stadium application launching on PC and VR in 2021, they want to make that dream a reality by allowing Esports fans to view gameplay live in 3D, in the centre of a virtual stadium. Partnering with the wider Esports ecosystem (incl. publishers, leagues, teams), they are working towards building the virtual home of Esports.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Creating re-usable and bespoke rigs and skin data
- Developing dynamic animation systems for both players and talent (events) that can handle a variety on inputs (ranging from VR to Mocap)
- Identifying bottlenecks in the animation pipeline and help resolve them with robust technical implementations
- Working with the Animation, Engineering, and Technical Art departments to ensure all dependencies are met
- Contributing and improving cross-engine animation retargeting solution (real-time)
The skills and experience you'll need...
- 5+ years of professional development as a animator or equivalent role
- Expertise in Unreal Engine
- Rigging/technical animation background in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
- Working knowledge of Control Rig, Animation Blueprints, State Machines & other Unreal animation workflows
- A keen eye for proper form and deformation throughout wide ranges of movements
Bonus points if you have...
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups
- A history building rigs in Blender
- Previous work with novel avatar standards such as VRM, ReadyPlayerMe & VRChat
- Programming knowledge such as C++/Blender API & Plugin Writing
- Passion for Esports, VR or live events
- Familiar with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline
- Keen interest for Virtual Personas such as Vtubers
Just some of the benefits of working with Virtex VR include...
- The ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration)
- Relocation support to UK incl. budget if you are interested in moving to London and working from the studio/office
- The latest VR equipment for all team members
- Stock Options depending on your previous experience
- Play Fund to support you exploring games and other social apps
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
Virtex VR are a registered UK Visa Sponsor.
Interested? Want to know more?
Contact Liam at email@example.com or call 01709834777