Back to jobs
Aardvark Swift are working with Free Radical Design on their search for a talented Technical Artist. Free Radical Design is a renowned game development studio with an incredible history of success, and they are currently working on the highly anticipated new Timesplitters game.
- Work closely with the art team to develop and implement tools and processes to improve efficiency and asset quality
- Create and maintain technical documentation and best practices
- Collaborate with programmers and other stakeholders to find technical solutions to art problems
- Optimise in-game assets to meet performance requirements
- Maintain and update the asset pipeline to ensure smooth integration into the Unreal Engine
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues related to art assets
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Artist in the games industry
- Strong understanding of the Unreal Engine
- Proficient in scripting and programming languages, such as Python or C#
- Strong knowledge of 3D modelling, texturing, and shading techniques
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for video games and a strong interest in advancing your technical skills
Free Radical Design offers a dynamic and creative work environment, where you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects with a talented team. The studio has a reputation for technological innovation and bring an extremely high standard of professionalism to game development in a fun and inclusive environment.