Technical Director (Hybrid)
- Posted 02 June 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameJoe Sutcliffe
10 Chambers are wanting to add a Technical Director to their team to support the programming team and be responsible for the overall technical health of their projects.
10 Chambers are a fully funded scale-up game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. They are an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games. Their first released game is GTFO and they're now working on their new IP, a cooperative heist FPS with a techno-thriller theme.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to leads and assist with hiring to build a strong and cohesive team
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of our technical architecture
- Identify and implement tools and utilities to improve team productivity
- Implement workflows to optimize team efficiency and minimise pain points
- Take ownership of efforts to improve stability through automated testing, optimised branching strategies, and other stability-focused initiatives
- Monitor system performance and takes action to ensure that their games are well-optimised on all supported platforms
- Proactively seek ways to improve compile and build times
- Manage the use of external code in projects to ensure proper vetting and management
- Enforce code standards, naming conventions, and best practices to promote code quality
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 10+ years of professional game development experience
- Several years experience in a technical leadership role
- Strong understanding of game development technologies and tools, including game engines, scripting languages, graphics APIs, and networking protocols, with Unity being a preference
- Experience managing large-scale game development projects with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with artists, designers, producers, and other stakeholders
- Excellent English, both written and verbal, with Swedish being a bonus
10 Chambers offers you a stimulating and challenging environment and constant opportunities to both apply and refine your skills. They passionately believe in work-life balance and provide generous health benefits amongst others.
As this role is on-site and hybrid in Stockholm, 10 Chambers will provide relocation and visa support.