We are supporting Ubisoft Winnipeg in their search for a Technical Lead. They're a technology studio with a unique mission; develop new technologies that will change the way video game worlds are built. The Winnipeg branch is the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown, developing technology that empowers game creators, at all Ubisoft Canada studios, to build even better, more immersive worlds across their major brands (such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs).
As a Technical Lead, you will join the Technical Group's Content Pipeline team and work to modernize the way artists work across Ubisoft. You’ll be responsible for building an ecosystem of products that facilitate the tasks of content creators: crafting internal tools that allow them to manipulate, track, archive, share, and reuse assets. You’re a technical expert who will assess issues and be responsible for the technical choices of the systems you specialize in.
Your responsibilities include…
- Overseeing technical mandates by collaborating with team lead programmers and product management
- Define the technical vision in your area of expertise and plan the technical roadmap
- Design and architect technical solutions on a diverse web-based product ecosystem
- Anticipate future challenges, and critical risks and opportunities, to address them with long-term solutions
- Provide technical guidance by reviewing code and validating technical solutions
- Coach and mentor programmers to develop their technical skills and support them to work efficiently and achieve high quality
- Collaborate with programming teams to discuss plans, tackle setbacks, share updates, present features, and give feedback
- Collaborate with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep development moving forward
- Stay up to date on technical advancements and industry standards to define best practices and share them with Ubisoft studios
- Work on projects of your own initiative through Innovation Jams
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 3+ years of technical leadership
- 7 or more years experience in software development
- In-depth knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5
- Expertise with reactive web frameworks
- Previous experience with unit integration and e2e testing
- Experience in application debugging, profiling, and optimization
- Ability to find efficient solutions to programming problems and highlight this to the team
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience with Vue.js, Vuex, and TypeScript
- Experience with monorepo architecture
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Git, and continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI / CD)
- Proficiency in Rest API design and microservices architecture
- Proficiency in C# ASP.NET API development
The Technology Group (TG) provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, they support studio productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, they contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide.
Ubisoft’s dedication and talented team have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.