UI Programmer (Ontario Remote)
- Posted 22 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NamePaul Walker
Torn Banner are looking for a UI Programmer to join their team famed for creating the much loved Chivalry and it's sequel.
Torn Banner are a close-knit independent video game studio of around eighty developers in Toronto who love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
As a UI Programmer, you will be responsible for taking responsibility for all of the game's UI and UX needs. You'll also be touching up many other areas of the game whilst collaborating with other programmers. Furthermore, you will play a significant role in getting features from paper to the player by working collaboratively with game designers, UI artists, and the QA department.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Understanding and passion for video game user interface design
- 3 or more years of professional video game programming experience
- Experience developing game UIs
- C++ proficiency
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- Predilection and the ability to take on research and self-education
It's a bonus if you have…
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree
- Previous Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Previous applied knowledge of creating UIs with UE4's UMG system
- Solid understanding of console or PC game development
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms