Art Director (Remote)
Romero Games are on the look out for an Art Director to join the studio as they develop John Romero’s next First Person Shooter in partnership with a major publisher.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to join a thriving independent development studio and work on a high-profile title that will be played by millions.
As the Art Director, you will help them create unique visual worlds and experiences for players on PC and consoles. They are looking for an individual with experience, vision, and passion for creating cutting edge games. You will play a key role in leading a team where developers are encouraged to make an impact and contribute on multiple levels to the games they make.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a multifaceted art team with specialities in concept, environment, characters, animation, and user interface
- Establish, develop, and maintain the visual direction and quality for their games
- Collaborate with design, programming, and production
- Work with the art team to create efficient and performant pipelines and workflows
- Inspire and motivate the art team through clear and concise constructive critiques
- Create and maintain the brand and style guides
- Communicate with publishers and marketing teams as needed to ensure their products are represented in well visually
- Understand technical restraints while seeking out innovative solutions
- Collaborate with fellow artists, team leads, and their engineering and design departments to produce the highest quality game assets
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 10+ years of professional experience in the games industry producing game art, with 3 or more years of experience as an Art Director or Art Lead
- Proven ability to concept a unique visual style and language for a new IP
- Track record of leading a AAA team in a production environment
- Comfortable working as part of an open, transparent development environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Portfolio reflecting high-quality game art
- Full understanding of game contemporary development workflows and pipelines
- Working knowledge in 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, and Zbrush
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Desire to learn new techniques and technologies
Desirable but not essential…
- Experience with various styles of art direction
- Experience with Unreal or Unity
- Drawing and painting skills to help convey ideas
- Ability to work onsite in Galway, Ireland
Perks and benefits include...
- Relocation assistance
- Company ownership, each employee is given a stake in the company
- Flexible working hours
- Premium health benefits
- Fertility and maternity leave
- Compassionate and bereavement leave
- Regular social events and activities both online and IRL
- Cycle to work programme
Romero Games also includes a sabbatical where at 5+ years, should you choose to take unpaid time for a personal project, they will cover 20% of your pay provided that it is in your area of interest.
Romero Games are looking for EU residency candidates, however they are open to remote work for the right candidate.
Please prepare a portfolio of work and provide accompanying information on the work done for the portfolio projects.