We are supporting Torn Banner Studios as they look for a talented Cinematic Animator to help them make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, the sequel to their multi-million copy selling original, whilst supporting future titles.
The studio are a close-knit independent video game studio of around eighty developers in Toronto and love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
As a Cinematic Animator, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of issues and challenges to tackle across various areas of the game. You’ll be working directly with studio leadership, animators and producers to bring cinematics alive and realize the cinematic vision for Torn Banner's famous games.
- Animate complete scenes of cinematics
- Accomplish realistic results that create memorable scenes and trailers
- Work in collaboration with the animation department and other artists and producers to certify cinematic quality and deadlines
- Responsible for character animations in cinematic elements of the game as well as marketing material
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible
- Deliver work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 3 or more years of professional animation experience
- Working experience in Maya and Motion Builder
- Animation reel demonstrating a relevant and high-level animation skillset
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and team involvement
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- Understanding and passion for video games
- Drive and the ability to take on research and self-education
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and 5
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Professional experience developing First Person Shooters
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++)