Aardvark Swift are working with the world-famous IO Interactive as they look to add a Game Designer to their team as they are setting out on a brand-new adventure, with a brand-new IP, stepping into the world of emergent multi-player, shaping the future of the studio for years to come!
Glacier, IO Interactive’s state-of-the-art engine technology, is part of their success as a studio. Built around visual scripting and hot-reloading to enable completely data-driven WYSIWYG game development, their game development engine was designed from the ground up to enable faster iterations on content creation, tweaking, and debugging. They have achieved this through a highly optimised Runtime Resource System, a powerful Live Editor, and an on-demand Asset Pipeline.
- Facilitate and create encounters with both NPC and players
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to implement multiplayer game systems and gameplay mechanics
- Use our proprietary tools to design, prototype and test gameplay mechanics while identifying opportunities for improvements
- Operate effectively where you must balance hands-on implementation, and high-level direction
- Create and develop game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game.
- Developing rules for reward systems and game achievements
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Accomplished game designer with relevant experience, preferably AAA titles where you worked on encounters
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game
- You have thorough experience with combat design, encounter design, NPC encounter, or something similar topic from your previous work on a AAA title
- Possess a problem-solving attitude, able to look past immediate technical constraints
- Able to respond to creative changes, at any part of the process, using an analytical and organized approach.
Bonus points if you have…
- Hands on experience implementing different kinds of combat systems and player cameras
- Relevant design education
- Work showcases such as published games, on personal website, or on YouTube
They take pride in the friendly haven built at IOI and would love you to take part in the continued cultivating of the same. They are also highly international, with people from over 30 nationalities working across their Copenhagen, Barcelona, and Malmö studios.