Lead Artist (Hybrid)
Well Played Games are looking for a Lead Artist to join their dynamic Unity based team.
Founded in 2017, Well Played Games are a growing and established studio based in Leamington Spa, who develop a variety of games for mobile.
To be a Lead Artist at Well Played Games you will have gone through the full development cycle multiple times in a wide range of contexts, giving you the depth of experience to lead a team and contribute to the direction of projects. Taking responsibility of assigned art tasks for the project and the wider company including highly specialist areas and initiatives.
You will ensure all artwork is delivered to a high quality, including adherence to any required review, sign-off and testing processes and be responsible for thorough concept design, for both the project as a whole and on individual tasks and features before implementation.
Your responsibilities will also include…
- Work across tasks and projects, including pitch work, development art, marketing and company-based art requirements
- Liaise effectively with other disciplines, teams, art peers, managers, and externals in coordinating assigned tasks, including project management and documentation
- Engage proactively with risks, incidents, obstacles, or opportunities with an artistic aspect that the company faces and bring these to the fore
- Support smooth team workflow, e.g., day to day use of source control, tasking, processes to follow
- Set an example to junior colleagues, encouraging them to follow guidelines, processes and engaging them with mentoring and training
- Engagement and liaison with other teams and externals relevant to the project
Skills and experience…
We're interested in speaking to Senior Artists with the skills ready for the step up to Lead as well as experienced Leads with aspirations of progressing to Art Director level.
Well Played Games are in a position to facilitate both of these transitions within a supportive and successful environment.