Rebellion are looking for a Lead Game Designer to join their amazing team.
As a Lead Game Designer at the studio, you will be leading the design team on this brand new project from pre-production to shipping! You will oversee the design of the game ensuring that all areas created align with the game vision, that high standard of excellence is delivered, and that they are improved to their best and polished!
- Lead a team of Designers with best practice people management techniques, proactively manage your team’s performance and professional development through performance review cycles giving constructive, actionable, and relevant feedback
- Collaborate with Head of Creative, Designers, Programmers, and Producers to balance creative vision with production realities
- Oversee the development of the game’s design considering technical and artistic requirements, understand and iterate the brief over the lifetime of the project, and from that set style guides and consistent gameplay languages across the game
- Verify the quality of design in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the Lead Level Designer and Producer with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune and improve the game
- Be an active mentor and role model for the Design team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- Strong knowledge of creating game design documents and prototype specifications
- Solid knowledge of the video game development process, including working in a timely / time-bound manner, and prototyping/iterating appropriately within that restriction
- Superb knowledge of production pipelines
- Proactively ensure the game design serves the audience of the game, is appropriate to the state of the market, and uses the most appropriate business model given the resources available
- Able to focus on individuals and teams to achieve a specific outcome to drive performance
- Able to apply an understanding of the games industry to improve the effectiveness of teams and projects
- Able to develop resolutions to unusually challenging problems and mentor individuals and teams to solve problems creatively
Perks and benefits include…
- 26 Days holiday and public holidays (increasing with service)
- Private Medical Insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan, including Dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
For 30 years Rebellion have been creating incredible video games; they also have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.