Lead Gameplay Programmer (Remote)
- Posted 17 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NamePaul Walker
Aardvark swift is currently supporting CI Games in their search for a Lead Gameplay Programmer. Founded in 2002, the studio has been creating globally recognised games for 20 years with their most popular franchise, Sniper Warrior, selling over 14 million copies!
Their employees share a passion for creating exceptional games with the best global talent available. They currently have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline in Unreal Engine 5, with true ownership of their creative direction.
They are looking for self-starter individuals who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced multi-disciplined environment.
- Be the technical lead in architecting and implementing gameplay systems for Sniper-based gameplay including, player locomotion, mission system, weapons, and inventory systems
- Work closely with designers and programmers to prototype and build network replicating robust systems
- Ensuring that strong architectural decisions are made by team members and drive and share best practice across the gameplay engineering team and other engineering teams
- Help solve complex gameplay engineering problems with elegant and creative solutions
- Fix bugs and issues found by testing the gameplay
- Prototype and iterate on features and be responsive to constructive feedback
- Setup good testing frameworks within Unreal Engine to ensure realistic memory and CPU targets are met
- Reporting to the Technical Director, ensure milestones are carefully produced and adhered to, communicating complications and requests for extensions as early as possible
- Guide and mentor team members to ensure the Gameplay team is always growing its overall skillsets
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 4 or more years of experience as a senior or lead gameplay programmer, with a big plus if that time being spent developing FPS games
- Experience building gameplay systems for several Unreal Engine 4 PC/Console/Mobile games
- Deep familiarity, experience and knowledge using Unreal Engine Blueprints and C++ across the entire pipeline of 3D game development
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines and within a high-growth environment
- Open, creative mind and passion for learning and mentoring other team members
What they offer
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- CI Games include attractive remuneration, holidays, and social events. Their studio’s inclusive environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
This role also offers remote homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world whist you learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming forever!