Senior Animation Programmer (Remote)
Rebellion – Oxford, UK
Rebellion are on the lookout for a Senior Animation Programmer to join their in-house engine tech team.
The Rebellion tech team are a team of highly skilled and experienced programmers who develop their inhouse engine, asura, with innovative technology. As part of this collaborative team you’ll work on developing core systems and features within the engine to help the studio’s games come to life.
You will play a key role in developing and implement animation code for their in-house engine and collaborate across teams to balance technical vision with production realities. You will be motived by creating and perfecting the animation engine to enhance the overall quality of the animation across Rebellion’s games.
As a Senior Animation Programmer you will…
- Develop and implement animation code for their in-house engine
- Maintain and develop features within their animation systems, working on content creation tools as well as runtime systems
- Collaborate with content creators to write some of those tools and features
- Develop and implement animation code for the project(s), writing and testing larger classes and code with complex functionality
- Fix complex bugs in both familiar and unfamiliar code
- Create, review, and update technical and user documentation
- Support other team members or programmers from other disciplines where appropriate
The skills and experience you will bring to the role…
- Knowledge of the internal workings of animation systems
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with IDE and debugging techniques
- Experience with numerical concepts such as underflow and FP precision
- Proficiency with Finite State Machines
- Competent with 3D geometry computation
For 30 years Rebellion have been creating incredible video games; they also have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion have multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to Rebellion, and they want everyone in their teams to work in the way that works best for them, so if you are based in the UK, they are able to offer you full remote opportunities.
This is a key role at one of the last big UK studios that are still independently owned. For more information on the role, studio or their working culture get in touch with Dave Moss on email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.