Black Forest Games - Offenburg, DE
Black Forest Games are looking for a Senior Producer to work on their upcoming Unreal Engine-based projects! They are looking for someone who is enthusiastic to learn, analyse, and revolutionise. You will be open-minded and adaptable; pragmatic to push the boundaries; and ambitious to get the most out of your projects and teams.
You will be responsible for the management of one or more core aspects of the projects, working collaboratively with team leads and other producers for building roadmaps for features, identifying key success criteria, dependencies, risks, implementing and improving cross-functional workflows, troubleshooting communication, and helping teams deliver on time and in quality.
You will have frequent interaction with a multidisciplinary team composed of leads, testing teams, other producers, and outsourcers as needed.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Taking ownership of specific large areas of the game
- Ensuring development methodology and creative visions are aligned and maintained or improved
- Managing the project’s roadmap (preparing and tracking schedules, identifying risks and opportunities, prioritising and following up on deliverables)
- Making sure communication flows on time and on target
- Converting short and long-term development plans into concrete actions for all functions – artistic, design, technical and QA with relevant team leads and producers
- Implementing and improving production pipelines, design, and communication techniques, making sure these processes are followed up on time
- Assisting in coordinating across the development teams and supporting other non-game development endeavours such as play-testing sessions, interviews, key asset provision etc.
- Liaison with external parties when needed
- Participating in leadership activities and meetings with other producers and leads to define improvements and objectives
- Reporting directly to the Development Director
The skills and experience you'll need...
- 5+ years’ professional development as a Producer or similar title
- Credits on at least 2 AAA products from initial conception to release
- Outstanding group-communication skillset with proven ability to work within a team in English
- Proactive project and people management capabilities in a multi-cultural environment
- Passion for video games and quality with an eye on the “big picture”
- A natural tendency for documentation and communication workflows
- Relentless self-starter work ethic with ability to motivate others to get results
- Acting as an organised centre of information with strong analytical and problem-solving mentality
- Expertise in Agile or Waterfall development methodologies and tools
- Keen ability to prioritize tasks and issues in relation to goals and constraints
- Strong command of MS Office products
Bonus points if you have skills and experience in...
- Complex action games
- Unreal engine
- Major pipelines of development like localization, facial animation, and large gameplay or technical systems
- Confluence, Kanban boards, and common bug trackers
- Automating project reporting
- A programming language or design best practices
Just some of the benefits of working with Black Forest Games include...
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, free coffee and drinks
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
- Plus, the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task
A team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – Black Forest Games hire for the studio, not for the project. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. They offer a family friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
At Black Forest Games you can work on IPs known worldwide and help to shape them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, close to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel.
Interested? Want to know more? Get in touch with Connor at Aardvark Swift now! email email@example.com or call 01709 834777