Black Forest Games are currently looking for a talented Technical Artist to work on their current and forthcoming titles with established and worldwide known IPs. You will be working closely with all Art teams’ members, Game Design and Engineering teams to develop, design and implement art pipelines, tools and features using Unreal engine.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Develop rendering tech features/prototype gameplay features using Unreal blueprint system and test the implementation on the target platforms.
- GPU and CPU optimizations for both PC and consoles.
- Develop and streamline art pipelines and workflows with an eye towards usability and efficiency.
- Evaluate new 3d art tools/ rendering features to stay on top of modern technologies, improve efficiency and quality.
- Work closely with 3d artists and outsourcers to ensure that technical constraints are respected.
- Manage and integrate assets inside Unreal tools.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- Shipped at least 1 title as a technical artist.
- 3+ years of experience working as a technical artist preferably at a game studio.
- Background and understanding of 3D graphics.
- Strong knowledge in DCC tools like 3dsmax/Maya/Blender/Houdini/Substance/Photoshop.
- Experience in materials/shading and rendering.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with full digital art content creation pipeline (high- and low-poly modeling, mapping, baking, texturing, level art, etc.)
- Experience with any of these tools: Zbrush, Speedtree, Marvelous Designer, etc.
- Character skinning/rigging knowledge
Perks and Benefits...
- Flexible working hours
- Work-life balance
- Additional health insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- Social events
- Relocation support
- Free German language classes
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Their last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Black Forest Games is based in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, they combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.