Rebellion - Oxford, UK
For 30 years Rebellion have been creating incredible video games; they also have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
They have multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to them and they want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them, so as long as you are based in the UK they are able to offer full remote opportunities.
They are on the lookout for Tools Programmer to join their Core Tech Team, working on the in-house engine and editing tools used across the majority of Rebellion projects.
Candidates should have an understanding of content creation workflows and creating editor UI, and be enthusiastic about engaging with their content creators to create and improve workflows. They will also be helping to develop their editor frameworks and data management systems.
Your roles and responsibilities...
- Maintain and develop the toolset framework which underpins their content editing application, which others build upon to develop content creation tools
- Collaborate with content creators to write some of those tools as well as providing support to other engine teams and game teams
- Collaborate with other team members from all disciplines and foster a positive team culture
- Have responsibility for one or more areas of the code, maintaining backlogs of related issues and reviewing with stakeholders the priorities and progress in that area
- Review code and designs of other members of the team to give constructive feedback.
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Experience with UI patterns such as MVVM, MVP or MVC, and event propagation through UI
- Familiar with approaches to ensure consistent UX across a large toolset
- Understands and applies techniques to create extensible, future-proof solutions
- Familiar with some content-creation workflows
- Experience with import/export processes to transform data between two data formats
- Professional experience using C++
For more information, email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.