Yager are looking for an experienced and creative Art Director with a passion for making the best games to join the talented team behind a yet unannounced project, a F2P and unique blend of third-person co-op shooter & melee combat, in an open world that lets you choose your own goals, together with others.
As Art Director for Yager’s unannounced project, you will manage a cross-discipline team of artists, set art goals, and lead the execution strategy. In this role, you will report to the Executive Producer and will work closely with the Creative Director. As part of the leadership team, you will develop strategies to achieve product goals, strengthen team culture, and deliver the quality our players deserve.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Owning and driving the established early art vision
- Setting product-wide art goals and timelines
- Working with design to ensure art supports the game experience
- Setting a clear vision, providing consistent feedback, and building trust with your team
- Taking initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through
- Managing, leading, and mentoring a team of artists
The skills and experience you'll need...
- 2+ years of professional development as an Art Director in the games industry, with 5+ years developing art in the games industry
- Expertise leading and managing other game artists and art leaders
- Comprehensive knowledge of multiple art sub-disciplines
- A portfolio that shows your ability to set a marketable artistic vision
Bonus points if you have skills or experience with...
- Art fundamentals, visual storytelling, and colour theory
- Working on new IP
- Creating concept art and production paintings
- Live service
- Multi-platform development
- Unreal game engine
Just some of the benefits of working with Yager include...
- Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
- Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events
- Jobticket, Mental health webinar
- Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development
- A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings